Welcome to Our Terms and Conditions
We are Jewellery and Silversmithing Classes & The Quarterworkshop
Site is www.thequarterworkshop.com
You are a visitor to our Site
Hello and welcome to our terms and conditions page. It’s really important that you read and understand what we’ve written as it sets out what you can expect from us and vice versa.
BY ENTERING OUR SITE YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE T&Cs. THEY ALSO APPLY IF YOU BOOK ONE OF OUR CLASSES
One other thing we need to say is that we do change these T&Cs from time to time and so you must always visit this page to see what changes we’ve made – we’ll assume that you have each time you contact us.
These terms and conditions are meant to form the basis of the relationship between us and both you and we agree to be bound by what they say.
No contract for the provision of services between you and us will come into effect until we have accepted your booking.
DEFINITIONS – There are some definitions at the bottom of the page.
YOUR PROMISES TO US
You warrant and agree that:
- you have the right to make this Agreement with us and that you are over the age of 18 years;
- if you follow any links we have on the Site, you will read the T&Cs on the sites we link you to;
- you won’t use robots, spiders, scrapers or similar things on our Site;
- you won’t try to get around any things we put on the Site to stop or limit access to parts of it;
- you won’t do anything that might cause our systems to crash;
- you won’t steal, borrow, copy or otherwise obtain the Site or any part of it for use in any other site or application;
- you won’t try to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any programs we use in connection with the Site or the services it offers;
- you won’t copy, imitate or use the trademarks and/or designs and/or layout or anything else which would usually amount to intellectual property and which we own;
- you have told us before the delivery of our Service of anything which might affect its delivery or any advice or assistance we might give you;
- you will follow all advice we offer in relation to the Service;
- if we offer advice which you choose not to take we will not be liable for the consequences;
- you are the only person for whom the Class is intended and, if that is not the case, you will provide us with full details of the person intended to take the Class at the time of booking – failure to do this will allow us to cancel the booking without reimbursing you for the fee and/or the materials.
Whilst most of the processes we undertake during a Class are totally safe, some do involve elements of danger and you agree to follow all safety instructions we give at all times during the Class.
You understand and agree that:
- the product you will be making will, by its very nature, show signs of it having been handmade and will not have the same finish as if it had been made by machine ( which we think is a very good thing and is what makes your rings unique and special to you !)
- Although we will make sure your rings are the right size on the day of your workshop you may find when you start wearing them they need some slight adjustment as your ring size does change over time and throughout the year with the different seasons, we offer one free resizing per ring within 6 months of your workshop to either one size up or down ( if you have had engraving or stone setting this may not be possible) - you will need to pay for postage.
- No precious metal is indestructible and some daily wear is to be expected and is normal. Your bands will change and age with you over time. You should think about your lifestyle and daily activities when choosing your materials, surface finish and extras. We are happy to help and advise you with your materials choices and during your workshop we will explain how different surface finishes can change over time with wear and how you can restore such finishes in the future if you want to.
- If you attend a Wedding Ring Class and the product you make does fail (but not as a result of wear and tear or accidental damage) within 12 months of the Class, let us know and we will correct any defect free of charge. If you post it to us, make sure that you send it by recorded special delivery and make sure that it is fully insured. We will return it the same way. This guarantee does not extend to products made in our jewellery and silversmith Classes where the products which are made are not intended to be perfect nor to have any specific life.
- If your rings do get accidentally damaged and requires repair please contact us for a quote. At busy times we may not be able to undertake repairs.
- All bespoke and customised orders are non-refundable and non returnable
- Any changes or issues, or problems with your rings must be mentioned at the time of your wedding ring workshop and before you leave the studio.
- Requests for addition work or designs which require extra thinking, admin, design or making time will be charged at an hourly rate of £50 per hour.
- Request for out of hours appointments may incur an out of hours opening appointment fee of £50
- make sure you book your workshop with enough time between your workshop date and wedding date
- understand that if booking a last minute workshop you may need to pay for addition services such as the faster hallmarking service
- If booking a last minute workshop that extras such as engraving will not be possible
- adhere to our payment schedule and make your payments buy the due dates so we can order your materials on time for you, if you pay your invoice late we cannot reserve your workshop date for you or guarantee we can get your preferred material for you in time for your workshop.
- when your rings are finished please make arrangements to pay your final balance within two weeks of receiving notification and provide delivery instructions or arrange to come and collect. If no arrangements have been made one month after we have sent you notification that they are ready we may charge you an additional fee per month for safe storage of your rings at the workshop and interest on your outstanding balance.
- Start times for your workshop are agreed in advance, if you are more than an hour late for your workshop an additional workshop fee of £30 per hour will be added to your workshop fee balance for the additional time needed to make your rings and for your use of the workshop. Tutors may not always be able to stay later at the workshop in which case you will need to leave your ring with us to complete for you which will be charges at our hourly rate .
- If you take a lunch break this is up to 45 min max and if you are late back from lunch and your workshop them overruns the usually timeframes an additional workshop fee of £30 per hour will be added to your workshop fee balance for the additional time needed to make your rings and for your use of the workshop. Tutors may not always be able to stay later at the workshop in which case you will need to leave your ring with us to complete for you which will be charges at our hourly rate .
- Make sure the design and style of wedding bands you would like to make are possible before booking your workshop, if you are unsure or have any questions please contact us before making your booking.
We will have the copyright to all photos we take during the workshops, we will give you permission to use the photos for personal use but if using for commercial reasons you must ask for our permission first and you must credit the workshop.
Either we or our affiliates own all of the information and intellectual property on the Site. You don’t have the right to copy or use any of that information or intellectual property other than to use the Site, unless we give that right to you. We own the intellectual property in any handouts, brochures and other material we provide you with during the Class and you can use it only for the purposes of the Class. You do not have the right to copy it or use it for any other purpose unless we have agreed in writing that you may.
USE OF COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES
When using any forums or chat rooms on the Site and/or any other similar system on the Site and when using Facebook, Wordpress or any other external communication system to contact us, you must do so in accordance with the following rules:
- you must not use language that may be offensive to other Users;
- you must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- you must submit no Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- Content must be posted, and communications with us must be made, using the English language;
- you must not post links to other sites containing any of the above types of Content;
- the means by which you identify yourself must not violate these T&Cs or any applicable laws;
- you must not engage in any form of commercial advertising. This does not prohibit references to businesses for non-promotional purposes including references where advertising may be incidental;
- you give us an unrestricted licence for all purposes and for the whole of the world to use the material you publish on the Site without charge and/or acknowledgement of you as the author;
- you must not impersonate other people, particularly our employees and representatives and those of our affiliates; and
- you must not use our System for unauthorised mass communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
You acknowledge that we have the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
You acknowledge that we may retain copies of any and all communications made to us or using our System.
You acknowledge that any information you send to us through our System or post on any forums or chat rooms may be modified by us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon our use of such information must be communicated to us and agreed with us in advance and we have the right to reject such restrictions.
You are buying Services from us as a consumer and the following provisions apply.
You agree that, for the purposes of the agreement between us and for the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 we may confirm the terms of this agreement and the goods and services it is providing to you by email.
After booking your workshop you have 14 days within which you may cancel your booking and receive a refund ( minus a £20 admin charge for wedding ring workshop bookings) . This is not possible if you booked a last minute workshop and you have made your booking with 14 days or less until your workshop date.
If you change your mind then you must tell us within 14 days of making your booking and as long as there are more than 14 days until your workshop date will refund the price you paid for the Class.
If you make your booking with 14 days or less until your class date bookings are non refundable.
You must contact us beforehand and cancel this contract in writing by email or by post.
If you want to cancel or make changes to your booking you must
- tell us at least 15 days beforehand, and we will do our best to arrange an alternative date but if you are unable to accept any dates we offer you within the period of six months from the date of your original Class then we may cancel your Class and retain the fee for the Class but we will reimburse you the amount (if any) you have paid for the Materials;
- do not tell us or tell us within 14 days of the Class, then we may cancel your Class and retain the fee for the Class and the amount (if any) you have paid for the Materials.
Some Classes are held over two days. If you don’t attend the second day, we will try to accommodate you in a future Class but if that is not possible within one month of the original date then we have the right to cancel your booking and to retain both the fee for the Class and the amount you have paid for the Materials.
Sometimes it may be necessary for us to cancel a Class. If we have to do so, we will give you as much notice as we can and will then offer another date or a refund of the Fee you have paid us. We are not able to accept any liability for any other costs incurred to you ( for example travel or hotel expenses)
For wedding ring making workshops we highly recommend you take out insurance to cover you not being able to attend, or complete, a course for any reason such as illness or travel problems.
In the event of tutor illness we may change the tutor for your class but this will always be one of our existing lovely jewellery tutors who are all more than qualified to help you make you wedding rings.
For Wedding Ring Classes you agree to pay us as follows:
- Deposit – payable on booking
- Materials – payable at least 14 days before the Class
- Workshop fee experience balance – by the day before your workshop
- Any extras such as postage or other services such as engraving must be paid before rings can be collected or sent from the workshop
If any payment due to us is delayed by more than seven days, we may charge you interest upon it (and the balance due if we decide to pursue the entire balance) at a rate 6% above the base rate from time to time of Barclays Bank plc.
If payment for the materials is not made on time we cannot guarantee to get your preferred choice of materials in time for your Class – as the specific shape and size may not be in stock at the bullion dealers and can take over two weeks to manufacture. If this is the case we will advise you on the closest alternatives.
We will not retain any information relating to your bank or credit cards.
PRIVACY & COOKIES
We can’t promise that the Site will meet your needs; that it will work properly; that it will be fit for a particular purpose and that it will not infringe the rights of others. We can’t promise that the Site will work with all systems; that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. Any advice given on the Site is general in nature and may not apply to you and/or your circumstances. Unless the advice is given to you as part of a paid for service we offer on the Site, you must take steps to double check that that advice is effective for you. We take all reasonable effort to test material before placing it on the Site. In the very unlikely event of any loss, disruption or damage caused by material on the Site, we cannot be held responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system which may occur. Because we cannot know and understand your personal circumstances, we cannot guarantee that any suggestion in any material we provide will cause any specific outcome and any and all such material is provided by way of general suggestion only and not in any form of warranty on our part as to any outcome you may achieve.
The only rights you have under these T&Cs are those mentioned within them. If a right is not mentioned (unless it is a right given to you under the laws of England and Wales) then it does not exist.
We do our very best to make sure that you do not experience any problems but if you do, you must tell us straight away.
We will do what we can to resolve the problem as quickly as we can and without charge to you if we agree that you have a problem.
AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE
We never guarantee that the Site will be available all the time and if it’s not available for any reason you can’t hold us responsible for anything you lose as a result. We have the right to change the Site and the services it offers, suspend it or stop it at any time.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
As far as we are allowed by law, we deny liability for any losses of all kinds which you incur from visiting the Site. You use the Site at your own risk. We do not accept any liability if you are using the products and services we supply for commercial purposes.
Nothing in these T&Cs excludes or restricts our liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on our part.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We don’t control any of the websites we link to and so we can’t be responsible for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any losses which come out of you using them. Just because we link to a site does not mean that we endorse or recommend that site. We can never guarantee that a link will work. If you find any link we offer to be offensive, please let us know and we will consider removing it. If you link to any other site using our Site then you understand that separate conditions will apply to those sites and that we have no control over those conditions – so you agree that you will read and understand them before using those sites.
MODIFICATIONS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS & THE SITE
We’ve already said this, but we need to make it clear that these T&Cs will change from time to time and we don’t have the resources to let all our visitors know about the changes. As a result you MUST come back to this page to make sure that we haven’t changed the T&Cs and whenever you access the Site, you are confirming to us that you are aware of any changes. We’ve also got the right to change the Site as and when we want to, but these T&Cs will still apply to any changes we make.
- Operative Law – this Agreement is made under the laws of England and Wales and that is the only jurisdiction which can govern it.
- Partnership/Joint Ventures – we and you agree that this Agreement does not form the basis of any partnership or co-venture.
- Effect of Agreement – this Agreement supersedes any previous agreement between the parties in relation to the matters dealt with in them and represents the entire understanding between the parties.
- Time of the Essence – time will not be of the essence in any part of this Agreement.
- Warranties – all parties acknowledge and agree that they have not entered into this Agreement in reliance on anything said or promised by the other which is not in these T&Cs.
- Force Majeure – if something outside our control happens and that prevents us from performing our services then you accept that we are not liable for the consequences of that failure (this includes such things as strikes, riots, fires, explosions, war, floods and so on). If such an event does happen we will tell you as soon as we are able and resume the service as soon as we can. If we cannot perform the service within a reasonable time, we can cancel it and if we do we will refund to you a fair and reasonable proportion of any payment you have made to us.
- Unenforceability – if a Court or other body says that any part of these T&Cs is unenforceable, the rest of them will stand.
- Notices – if either you or we need to give formal notice to the other it must be done by email to the address that each of us gives to the other from time to time.
- Entire Agreement – these T&Cs contain the entire understanding between us.
Class means the class you have booked with us.
Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of the Site.
Service means the service we provide to you
System means the communications system or systems we use in connection with the Site.
T&Cs means these terms and conditions.
User means any person, firm or company using the Site for any purpose.
COOKIE AND PRIVACY POLICIES
This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Site.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies only to the actions of you and us when using the Site. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Site including, but not limited to, any links we might provide.
Without limitation, all or any of the following Data may be collected by the Site from time to time:
- date of birth;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected); and
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on the Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected).
Our Use of Data
We will keep any personal Data you submit for six months.
Unless we are obliged or allowed by law, and subject to Third Party Sites and Services belowwe will not disclose your Data to third parties. This does not include the companies which form part of our group. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. We use your Data so as to give you the best possible service and experience when using the Site.
Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail; or
- to customise or update the Site
Third Party Sites and Services
We may, from time to time, use other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services have access to some of your Data. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we’ve requested. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Any Data that is processed by third parties will be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and that may mean that the people who control our business change. If we do that your Data will, if relevant, be transferred to the people who then control the business. They will have the same rights and obligations as we have under the terms of this Policy. If we do transfer Data for this reason we will not tell you in advance.
Controlling Use of Your Data
If we ask for Data from you, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
Accessing Your Own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data which we hold on payment of a small fee which will not exceed £10.
Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your Data we have put in place various physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via the Site.
All Cookies used by the Site are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Certain features of the Site need Cookies for those features to work. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. In those cases, we don’t ask for your consent to place them but you can still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below.
The Site uses analytics services provided by Google and others. “Analytics” is a set of tools used to collect and analyse how the Site is used which then helps us understand the needs of our Users. This, in turn, means that we can improve the Site and the products and/or services offered through it.
You don’t have to let us use these analytic Cookies but when we use them your privacy and safe use of the Site are not at risk.
The analytics service may place Cookies on your device immediately you visit the Site and it may not be possible to obtain your consent before it does. You can remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps set out below:
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser.
- Most internet browsers enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies.
- By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time but if you do you may lose any information that enables you to access the Site quickly and efficiently and you may lose your personal settings.We recommend that you make sure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that if you are not sure about anything you look at the help and guidance provided by your internet browser.
Changes to this Policy
We have the right to change this Policy as and when we decide from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Site and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of this Policy on your first use of the Site following those changes.